95 LS swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the LSX Innovations mounts and HATED them. No way i'd ever use them again. Didn't come close to fitting the factory shells. To do it again i'd get the Dirty Dingo's twice before I bought the LSX ones again.
I used the dirty dingo mounts, at the time I did the swap, there weren't that many options. I liked the "slider" mount idea. 4 years later they are still good

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can't see paying 100 bucks for mounts that you know will work right for you?? I'm confused.
True. I spent the $145 or so back in the day for the Dirty Dingos when I did my swap and haven't had issues. Years later and they are still good.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now if you are going to use the original R4 a/c compressor, that's where custom brackets get pricey ! Wow, $250 and up for an a/c bracket ? I used the original 4.3 V6 and modified it to fit on the 5.3. I just had to mix and match certain pulleys, ones from an SRX work great btw.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can't see paying 100 bucks for mounts that you know will work right for you?? I'm confused.

No I can't see paying almost 4x what all other sbc to ls swap mounts run. Why pay $120 for some mounts when there are multiple options for $30

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I can't see paying almost 4x what all other sbc to ls swap mounts run. Why pay $120 for some mounts when there are multiple options for $30
Sometimes it's not about the $$ it's about the quality. Dirty mounts are also different for the fact they are slider mounts. It's ok though, whatever will work for your application its all good. It is all the same thing with the same end result, Get that bad boy LS in there !!

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that's another one of my hangups. I don't like the idea of the slider. I want to measure twice, install once. In the proper location. And thanks I'm working on it.

Not trying to be the turd in the punchbowl, just prefer the most cost effective means to an end.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that's another one of my hangups. I don't like the idea of the slider. I want to measure twice, install once. In the proper location. And thanks I'm working on it.

Not trying to be the turd in the punchbowl, just prefer the most cost effective means to an end.
Same here dude. When I did the swap I was on a budget. I got the motor and installed it with the '94 trans. Bad mistake cause after all that, that trans was shot and I got one off of Craigslist off a '98 Astro van for $120. I change the filter, put in a corvette servo, new front and main seals, 13k miles since swap and it's still going. Miles unknown on it.

Last edited:

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here dude. When I did the swap I was on a budget. I got the motor and installed it with the '94 trans. Bad mistake cause after all that, that trans was shot and I got one off of Craigslist off a '98 Astro van for $120. I change the filter, put in a corvette servo, new front and main seals, 13k miles since swap and it's still going. Miles unknown on it.

Can you explain more about changing out the servo in the trans? Why they do it? What it does? What servos to use?
Thanks.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you explain more about changing out the servo in the trans? Why they do it? What it does? What servos to use?
Thanks.
Here is the answer from a forum and the link below:
"The purpose of the vette servo mod is to allow the transmission to shift more quickly and efficiently from first to second gear. From the factory, the truck 4L60e's have a smaller servo. The servo is used to apply the 2-4 band in the transmission. Upgrading to the vette servo gives the trans more "holding" power and thus yields a quicker/firmer shift. Adding a vette servo has also seemed to cause some folks 1-2 slipping to cease."

http://www.gmfullsize.com/index.php?threads/121944/