95 LS swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you decide to go with a new torque converter?
I am going with a TCI RV/Towing torque converter. I haul a bike trailer to motocrosses and the such plus a popup camper from time to time. I also use my truck as a work vehicle around town so my main focus was bottom end. I may end up doing a cam at some point as well.

Disney

Reaction score
I used the LSX Innovations mounts and HATED them. No way i'd ever use them again. Didn't come close to fitting the factory shells. To do it again i'd get the Dirty Dingo's twice before I bought the LSX ones again.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SO after waiting since February I finally got my fitech LS harness and I am really impressed. Came with a full manual and every end is labeled for ease of hook up. I will have the heads back after the holiday weekend so I can start bolting the motor back together. I'm ordering the torque converter and off road Y pipe next week and should be sliding the motor and trans in in about 2 weeks time. Now to get to cleaning this disgusting motor off.
I did my 5.3 swap on my 1994 c1500 four years ago. Took a good year to finish it on and off in weekend. Runs great. I did the harness myself using lt1swap.com. I couldn't think of spending $500 on a bunch of wires, and since wiring doesn't intimidate me, I actually enjoyed doing it. I removed a total of about 30 or so wires from original plug. I eventually will redo it with another harness and out the ECU in the cab, bit as for now its I the engine bay. Also if you can afford to do the cam, the time is now to do it ! I regret not doing mine. A simple corvette cam and change of valve springs wake these LS motors up ! You will gain well over 30 hp doing it !

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did my 5.3 swap yoy 1994 c1500 four years ago. Took a good year to finish it on and off in weekend. Runs great. I did the harness myself using lt1swap.com. I couldn't think of spending $500 on a bunch of wires, and since wiring doesn't intimidate me, I actually enjoyed doing it. I removed a total of about 30 or so wires from original plug. I eventually will redo it with another harness and out the ECU in the cab, bit as for now its I the engine bay. Also if you can afford to do the cam, the time is now to do it ! I regret not doing mine. A simple corvette cam and change of valve springs wake these LS motors up ! You will gain well over 30 hp doing it !

What size of c1500 is your LS Swap in? What do you use it for?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is your LS Swap in? What do you use it for?
1994 c1500 w/t single cab short bed. It just a daily driver. Never used for construction and i don't tow anything. For now . Eventually I will go with a built 4l60e or 4l80e for towing.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm prepping to do a 6.0L LQ9 swap in my 98 k1500 extended cab. I do a decent amount of towing but nothing over 3000 lbs. I'm been curious about doing an cam swap but I don't know much about them or what I should or shouldnt do.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm prepping to do a 6.0L LQ9 swap in my 98 k1500 extended cab. I do a decent amount of towing but nothing over 3000 lbs. I'm been curious about doing an cam swap but I don't know much about them or what I should or shouldnt do.
I, myself, am still learning more and more about these LS series motors. All I know is that if you put an LS6 cam and valve springs, you will wake the motor up significantly. Those can be had used for under $200. Also I have heard of the BTR cam that is a good bang for ur buck. When changing the cam, one very important thing to note. Watch the video below an fast forward to 7:00 mark.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the LSX Innovations mounts and HATED them. No way i'd ever use them again. Didn't come close to fitting the factory shells. To do it again i'd get the Dirty Dingo's twice before I bought the LSX ones again.

No don't say that....i can't see paying what dirty dingo wants for their slider mounts. Interested to see how the ictbillet mounts work then.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No don't say that....i can't see paying what dirty dingo wants for their slider mounts. Interested to see how the ictbillet mounts work then.

I'll let you know in about 2 weeks how they work. Converter should be here next week and I have a few other final things to get like plugs and wires, the goofy odds and ends stuff but I'm so close!

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

You can't see paying 100 bucks for mounts that you know will work right for you?? I'm confused.