95 LS swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the motor out and have started getting rid of parts from the donor truck. I have a feully unmolested harness and computer from the 2000 1500 that I will be selling as well. I will try and get some pics up this weekend of the engine and how it looks

I might be interested in the harness depending on the price.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO after waiting since February I finally got my fitech LS harness and I am really impressed. Came with a full manual and every end is labeled for ease of hook up. I will have the heads back after the holiday weekend so I can start bolting the motor back together. I'm ordering the torque converter and off road Y pipe next week and should be sliding the motor and trans in in about 2 weeks time. Now to get to cleaning this disgusting motor off.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO after waiting since February I finally got my fitech LS harness and I am really impressed. Came with a full manual and every end is labeled for ease of hook up. I will have the heads back after the holiday weekend so I can start bolting the motor back together. I'm ordering the torque converter and off road Y pipe next week and should be sliding the motor and trans in in about 2 weeks time. Now to get to cleaning this disgusting motor off.
Congrats on getting a wire harness! I spent about a year and a half doing mine. Consider that harness, money well spent. I dont know if you hvae seen the LS Swapped 88-98 OBS Trucks/SUV Facebook page. There is a lot of great info there. I was on this forum for a long time waiting for answers when I found the facebook page. Check it out. Good luck with your swap.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the heads on last night. Intake and some of the wiring and smaller things will be going on tonight. I am still waiting on the torque converter but I am pretty close to ripping out this gutless 5.7 TBI

You must be registered for see images attach

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like you've got your adapter plates on there already. Which ones did you go with? I have been looking at ICTBillet for some things and LSXinnovations for a few other things that ict didn't carry. I think mainly the egr/evap delete. Just curious if you used either one of them what your take on them were.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you've got your adapter plates on there already. Which ones did you go with? I have been looking at ICTBillet for some things and LSXinnovations for a few other things that ict didn't carry. I think mainly the egr/evap delete. Just curious if you used either one of them what your take on them were.

I got the ICT motor mounts as I am putting EGR back on for right now and I was pretty impressed with the plates so far. I am going to mount the new SBC mounts up this week to make sure everything else will play nice with it