95 K1500 4x4, Back light issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve been having some problems with my 95 Chevy Silverado, a couple of weeks a go I’ve had someone tell me I had no back brake lights. Ever since then I’ve tried to fix the problem. I have replaced all bulbs, replaced brake switch and even checked the fuze. Still no brake lights but the top light on the cab still works when useing the brake just not the two back ones. Any ideas??!?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check the wiring harness under the back end of the bed, where your trailer wiring plugs into if you have any installed. It's a common cause of this issue.

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
+1^ That's a good place to start testing for power.

But before you crawl underneath, test your turn signals. If they don't light up in the rear, continue tracing power. Unplug that connector under the bed, clean up any dirt or corrosion, and try again. If that doesn't work, test for power at that point to determine whether the issue lies upstream or downstream.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a ground that goes to the frame rail at the back left corner. Common culprit.