95-99 OEM Steering Wheel - Airbag Style, Leather Wrapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you have to remove the old one an glue the new one on as you stitch up the seem.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah right on, I'll keep them in mind if I can't find another wheel in good shape. Thanks for the info!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a small airbag leather wrapped wheel that's in pretty good shape.

Really hoping I can find one of the large airbag versions, but I'll keep that in mind. Don't hold it for me or anything, thanks for the offer though!

By the way, been following your build thread on that '98, that thing is turning out awesome. Great work!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shameless bump, still looking for a like-new big face leather wheel.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump, back to page one!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Oh!
Oh!
Oh!!!
I saw one on Monday! Large center one, too.
Pretty nice. None of the typical wear @ the 10-11 o'clock position. Couple of scuffs, but decent overall.
Air bag was already gone.
Pulled the nut. Usually I can get the wheel off of the splines by a good upward shot on the outside of the rim.
Two-handed wham, hit it with my shoulder, even layed on my back on the floor & gave it a kick. Nope. Wouldn't budge.
I'll try to get back out there before the weekend. The yard is about 40 min.s away. I'll bring my puller. Hopefully it's still there.
Seems to me that they want $35.00 or somewhere thereabouts for a leather wheel. $39.95? I dunno. Plus tax (Of course! The ********!)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh!
Oh!
Oh!!!
I saw one on Monday! Large center one, too.
Pretty nice. None of the typical wear @ the 10-11 o'clock position. Couple of scuffs, but decent overall.
Air bag was already gone.
Pulled the nut. Usually I can get the wheel off of the splines by a good upward shot on the outside of the rim.
Two-handed wham, hit it with my shoulder, even layed on my back on the floor & gave it a kick. Nope. Wouldn't budge.
I'll try to get back out there before the weekend. The yard is about 40 min.s away. I'll bring my puller. Hopefully it's still there.
Seems to me that they want $35.00 or somewhere thereabouts for a leather wheel. $39.95? I dunno. Plus tax (Of course! The ********!)

Yes! If you get it I'll take it. You're the man, Al.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
It sucks these wheels with the large centers aren't remanufactured.. I try my damnedest to preserve the one I've got in my 97, I'm not a fan of wheel covers but I'm about to get one to ease my mind.

Sent from my powered iPhone