95-99 OEM Steering Wheel - Airbag Style, Leather Wrapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are 2 sizes of wheel centers/airbags for these trucks. As long as you get a wheel with the same size center, GMC's & Chevy's will interchange.
That wheel pictured is now in my '97 with the truck's original Chevy center.

Awesome, thanks for confirming this for me.

This is the style I'm going to attempt on the next go-round.

You must be registered for see images attach

I really like the look of the stitching on that. Keep us updated on how it goes!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump, back to page one!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump, still looking.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I'm not sure where in MO you are, but I've seen a lot of good Leather Wrapped Wheels in the Salvage yards around St Louis. That's where I found mine when I got my truck.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey I'm not sure where in MO you are, but I've seen a lot of good Leather Wrapped Wheels in the Salvage yards around St Louis. That's where I found mine when I got my truck.

I'm more central, Columbia area. Might have to make a trip up there at some point. Thanks for the tip! Any specific yards you'd recommend?

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U Pic-A-Part across the river in Washington Park would be my go to, Always have a good stock of GMT400s there. I'd recommend taking a steering wheel puller with you if you go, I ended up having to take the entire upper column when I grabbed mine. They've got really good prices as well.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look up redline goods. I used them for a new leather cover on my mustang. I just got the email a few weeks ago that they had a cover available for these wheels. I need one now for my 99 and my wife's 02.

The install isn't to bad an if you have the time they offer installation as well.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look up redline goods. I used them for a new leather cover on my mustang. I just got the email a few weeks ago that they had a cover available for these wheels. I need one now for my 99 and my wife's 02.

The install isn't to bad an if you have the time they offer installation as well.

Interesting... Do they go over the existing cover though? I'm not really trying to add any thickness to the wheel if I can avoid it.