95-99 Double Din Install (TheDetailSS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I started doing my Double Din swap a different way, but the Head Unit I bought ended up being too deep and my HVAC ducts were in the way, so I decided to switch back and go with the SS kit. Was supposed to be shipped on Monday but haven't heard back from them yet.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Don, did you end up sanding your whole bezel, or did you leave it with the texture and the stereo/HVAC surround smooth? I just think mine looks a little funny since half is textured and half is smooth.

jdmdrew

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Did mine today and changed my wallpaper. I should if took more pictures of how I did mine I used a kit from a dodge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1998sierraslt

Reaction score

Did mine today and changed my wallpaper. I should if took more pictures of how I did mine I used a kit from a dodge

That looks good, did you have to do any cutting behind in the dash or did it just fit right in?

jdmdrew

Reaction score
I cut the top of dash like the picture and I used the saw below. took me like ten minutes. that kit I used has 4 holes to screw it in place. Oh And the stereo don't hit the rear vents.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388009294103.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388009294103.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 220
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388009419627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388009419627.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 211

BLOODLINE

Reaction score
I also used the exact same kit, I thought it was well worth the money.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the metra kit. It replaced the whole panel. It was super easy to install. The hardest part was finding a blue color that matched my dashboard.

Kendra

Reaction score
I went with the Metra DP-3003 double-din kit, replaces the entire 1995+ dash bezel without fabrication. Downside of Metra's $150 kit is it's all one color (black) but I was able to get a good interior color match (ColorBond 650 GM Medium Neutral Tan) in a spray can. Good adhesion, seems about as scratch resistant as original finish. Masking along that thin line was a hassle but I'm happy with the results.

The Metra kit reuses your vent grilles. Included metal clips were flimsy so I re-used GM factory originals. Huge empty box fit the old uncut bezel, sold that on eBay for more than I expected.

-Kendra

Last edited: