95 5.3 Swap wiring questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Szil66

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this is a subject that's been beaten to death but every swap in so different. I've searched and searched for answers.

Anyways, over the weekend I got my old motor out and the new one in. I have everything on the motor wired and it runs very well. The only thing I need help on is the VSS, making the speedo and tach work, cruise control, and a problem with my temp sensor.

My pickup is a 95 4wd with a nv3500 manual trans. I was told I don't necessarily need the VSS but it could help with fuel mileage? I was also told the VSS in the transfer case would run the speedo? Is this true? If so how do I wire it in?

Tach I'm not extremely worried about but I would like it to work if it's easy enough to do.

Cruise control, I had the swap harness and computer programmed for cruise but I'm not sure whether I can tap into the stock cruise module or if I have to use the new one.

Last but not least, for my temp and my oil pressure I used adapters to use the factory harness. My oil pressure gauge appears to be working but we ran the motor for a good 20 minutes, let it warm up good, let the thermostat open, but my temp gauge didn't move at all... Any ideas why?

I appreciate the help guys! Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach