94 K1500 No 4wd, no 4wd lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8fan7

Reaction score
i have a 94 k1500 and I have lost 4wd. i can hear the actuator moving and it is moving its full travel. I am not getting any lights at the shifter . I checked all fuses. I checked at the t-case for voltage and I am not getting any. All harnesses are plugged in tight. what am I missing ?? I got a different actuator and it is still doing the same. I had 4wd before I had the ball joints, cv axles and axle seals replaced.

eyesi

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you have k300 transfer case?
You must be registered for see images attach

eyesi

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is for 5.7l,
check ground G206 and fuses

eyesi

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A non blown fuse means not that circuit have power str8fan7 . , and a tight ground nut or bolt means not necessarily that ground wire/s reaches end of harness connector at component/s. if you need help to how test power and ground circuits letme know

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 241c is a manual transfer case. If the actuator on the front diff is working, it's not an electrical issue.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
My light stays on all the time. I went ahead and did the upgrade to the full electric axle switch instead of the thermal switch.

I have repaired my harness and I went ahead and installed a new t-case switch.

Needless to say, I’m not of much help, but I do know stuff does crap out after time. Between a bad fuse, case switch, and sweat equity I got mine to work. I checked ground wires and such, but my light stays on from the time I start the truck until I shut it off.

str8fan7

Reaction score
My light stays on all the time. I went ahead and did the upgrade to the full electric axle switch instead of the thermal switch.

I have repaired my harness and I went ahead and installed a new t-case switch.

Needless to say, I’m not of much help, but I do know stuff does crap out after time. Between a bad fuse, case switch, and sweat equity I got mine to work. I checked ground wires and such, but my light stays on from the time I start the truck until I shut it off.
The truck had the upgraded electric actuator when I got it a year ago. hoping the T-case switch. havent checked it yet, been pretty crappy here in the Denver area lately. i just hope the shop that did the seals for me on the axle didn't drop the shim.....they thought they had to split the case to do it....