94 ECSB Prerunner build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rwd3signs

Reaction score
So I started out wanting to lower my newly aqquired 94 ECSB. After some serious thought and putting in the fact that I drive way to much for an impractical truck I decided to go up instead of down. Living in SoCal the logical choice for a 2wd truck was Prerunner. That turned out to be harder than I expected. Apparently because of it's non-boxed frame and obvious weaknesses finding parts proved to be tough and potentially costly.

I ended up purchasing the 7/4 kit from Canuck Motorsports. I have ditched the block application in the rear for a 2" AAL. Just ordered a complete steering rebuild kit since the truck is high miles and will have large tires.

I made a trip out to Hemet, CA and grabbed 8" wide fiberglass flared front fenders and hood plus 6" wide bedsides.

Picked up a set of 5 ProComp Xterrains 35x12.5r17s off Craigslist for $125 the set. 4 are in great shape and spare has never seen the road. Had to drive 170 miles round trip but it was the deal of a lifetime. Still need to order wheels.

I'm currently looking for the 6 lug 14bolt SF in local pick and pull yards but haven't had much luck. Going to convert the front to 6 lug to match.

Still need a few misc parts like longer brake lines, tube for bumpers and bed stuff.

I plan to pull the bed completely and weld up mount arms for the flared bedsides. My bed is in perfect shape and I'd rather it go to someone who needs a bed than cut it up.

Did a little work under the front end this weekend trying to get her ready for the transformation. While she was up on the wheel ramps figured I'd roll a tire up and see how it looks. I'm gonna go the full 7" in the front and with the flared fenders won't have an issue running a 35. The rear with just glass bedsides will clear a 35 with no lift so it's only going up 2".

You must be registered for see images attach

Rwd3signs

Reaction score
Truck is an ECSB purchased from original owner. Just under 200k on the clock. Motor has 60k on the rebuild trans has less than 30k on it's rebuild. Body is perfect. Interior is even nicer. I've done a few things like overhead console, roof marker lights, eBay headlights and taillights. Swapped to a GMC grill and did a billet insert.