94 ecsb an 99 burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just fyi I'm stupid. There was a bleeder screw, I overlooked it, thought it'd be separate but they sent it already installed in the caliper.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so decided to do the work this morning. Pull truck kinda into shade, jacked it up and swapped the calipers, rotors, pads, and the outer tie rods which driver side was a pain. Loosened the nut then the bold started twisting when I was trying to take it off, ended up using cut off wheel to take it off. Now in town at shop for fuel filter on diesel then back home to bleed the brakes.

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So just finished bleeding em and took it for the break in and damnnnn they are amazing so far. Put em to test this week when I load it up with kids and their **** and see how they do but so far very happy with em.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So been driving burb and brakes are still amazing, had Cel for my o2 so replaced it but made a purchase for the truck.

Tsc 5x8, couldn't spend much right now cause got bunch of other stuff I'm doin an I'm not great at welding to build my own. It'll be used behind the burb for camping fishing hunting which is already getting loaded up for this weekend. See how it handles all the gear plus the 3hr drive.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the burb brakes have been amazing and truck is running pretty damn good.

Buuttt the truck, well I moved it and then later heard a rod knock, thought the valve rockers but adjusted those and still loud knock, and got coolant leaking from rear of the block at a pretty good rate. Somehow wife is fine with me doing full rebuild even though she knows ill be using all upgraded parts. Nothing really for performance but more for realibility. Might have father in law come out and have another set of ears listen before anything.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i backed the 94 in its new spot till I figure out abt a new engine. Took wheels off and lowered it to make it easier to work on then tore it down to the block. Question for you guys. Rebuild or crate engine. Cheaper to rebuild but also thinkin abt crate for warranty. What do you guys think? And since it's gunna be pulled ill prolly replace most of the lines, what company is best for those?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soo I caught the bug.... went from just replacing engine to now taking the entire front end apart and going to sand down everything and give it good new paint. Nothing fancy but we plan to move somewhere we can have snow in a couple years so might as well start some rust prevention. Really like what overclocked 4x4 is doing with his paint and plan to somewhat copy it.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple pics

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya it sure did. Kinda thinking abt just making dedicated thread since it's gunna be more project then the burb will be.