94 ecsb an 99 burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well made some progress. Kids and wife were eating an i went to losen the exhaust manifold and ended up getting carried away and ended up takin one head off as well as the other loosen getting manifolds off and then it get dark and no light

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sooo not to much done on the 94 and wife's friend flew in for a week so we were driving the burb all over and noticed few things. Most of all was some squeaking somewhere under the truck. Had wife stand on side steps an rock the truck a ill and sounds like it's coming from the torsion bar keys. Anyone experience this?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had some spare time and pulled the second head and found out the po snapped a bolt from exhaust into the head which is why I still heard exhaust leak after I did the doughnut gasket replace. Gaskets were basically destroyed of the head. On a bad note the kids got a hold of the first head bolts and now I've gotta remember which bolt goes to which hole. Grrr gotta love kids. Not to much done cause the heat, no shade, and allergies. Onto the burb I stopped by one of local shops an talked abt the squeaking and how I thought it was from the torsion keys cause I swear that's where I heard the noise but he said to check the control arms. Not sure if it'll work but sometime soon ill degrease and hot water wash it an see from there.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So got some things done over past couple days on the 94. Got the motor almost fully assembled except steering pump pulley, water pump fan, valve covers an air intake. Had one big pain in ass hold up today as I was putting spark plugs back in somehow one ended up stripping and screw the hole in the head. I've heard helicoil is good fix an I sure hope so cuz if the heads coming off again the motor is gonna be pulled and replaced.
Onto the 99 I checked on the squeak an both lower ball joints, inner tie rods, and sway bar bushing are screwed so that'll get fixed then want to get some new shocks and upgrade brake calipers rotors an pads sometime before deer season

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okbso got most of the 94 engine back together but need to get the steering pulley back on, the serp belt, fan and then adjust the timing and valves. Did take new photo but forgot to close good all the way

On the burb I took it to the tranny shop this morning to have it look at an tranny passed but computer is saying my o2s are bad but no check engine light, so gonna start looking at tuning it. At another shop now cause brakes were pulling hard to the left and need to see if they'll be ok for week or two until i can order new calipers, rotors and pads. Looking at power stop from summit. As well as pricing out suspension parts, lower ball joints, tie rods, sway bar bushing and end links an 4 new shocks.

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So rotors on the burb got warped and went ahead an ordered power stop calipers pads an drilled an slotted rotors. Finally arrived today, Yay, now just have to figure out when I can put em on.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So rotors on the burb got warped and went ahead an ordered power stop calipers pads an drilled an slotted rotors. Finally arrived today, Yay, now just have to figure out when I can put em on.

What did those rotors run you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did those rotors run you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Got the rotors for abt 55 each. Bought everything as a kit for 232 plus shipping which depends where u live, my shipping was 40.
Only thing I dnt see is a new bleed screw. Can I use the old one or is it better to go buy new one?