94 5.3/4l80 sap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have searched all the pages on this forum as well as others on a swap for my truck. i already have the 4l80e and i am picking up the motor on tuesday. the plan is to swap the motor and tranny out in a week if everything goes right. that is why i need yalls help.

i am going to attempt to do the harness myself using the lt1swap threads.
i know what fuel pump and headers i need to use. then i just need to upgrade the fuel lines and use a corvette style filter.

now on to the stuff im not sure about.
where do i need to hook up the factory gauges in order for all those to work?
since i am using a 4l80 what tranny crossmember can i use and will i need to shorten the drive shaft?
what fans can i use on the truck so i can do an electric fan conversion?

any other tips and pointers from the people that have done the swap would be greatly appreciated. truck is my daily so the less amount of time it is down the better.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my truck, i used the stock 95 oil pressure sender with an adapter to the LS engine so that gauge works. The tach signal went from the stock distributor on a white wire to the dash, so i tied that white wire into the LS pcm. Had to put a resistor with 12v on that wire to cause it wouldn't pick up the signal (lt1swap page mentions it)
The twisted pair of wires from your stock speed sensor need to go to pins 20 and 21 on your green comnector. Then i ran pin 50 to the dark green wire that comes out of the DRAC box. That wire feeds your speedo.
For coolant temp, i installed the 3 wire f-body sensor. I can't remmeber off the top of my head what color wire it splices to. A simple Chilton manual and a good multimeter will make all the difference.

I had my 4.3 out and 5.3 in and running, in a weekend if it makes you feel better about doing it in a week. Mind you, i kept the stock 5 speed so didnt have to mess with crossmembers and driveshafts

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turned out good
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Thanks man. Guy around here will do my harness and tune for 550 so I might give the a go. Just see we’re money takes me. Trying to keep this a budget build the best I can.

I feel like i can have it done in a weekend if I can get all my ducks in a row before I pull the old motor out.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can have that harness ready to go in no time. Id save the money. Lt1swap guy will turn the vats off and unnecessary sensors for like 100 bucks.

Super easy to do the standalone harness. Couple good YouTube vids on it to

Have fun!

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any info on a 6.0 swap in 88-98 Silverado 5.7 vortec? Can't find I like those led lights clean looking nice rig.