92 stepside, worth rebuilding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianc636

Reaction score
So back in 93-94 (something like that) I purchased a used 92 4x4 std cab stepside V6 6 speed. Over time I built a nice 355 aluminum head TPI motor for it (I get free machine work and parts at cost). Well in 04 it pushed a head gasket and I ended up tearing the motor down and finding other things I didn't care for within the motor.

Since then, it's sat in my shop (2 different ones) with no motor and I just end up pushing it around to clean. We've washed it a few times to get the dust off of it but have never really done anything with it.

My question is, while the interior is near perfect, body is rust free, it does have a few dents and dings from being in the shop for the past 12-14 years. Is this thing worth rebuilding or should I just gather all the go fast stuff for it up and sell it.

I've got a lot of great engine parts for it, I'm just not sure if we should mess with rebuilding it or not. When I say good stuff, roller cam, crane gold rockers, full length headers, edlebrock TPI system, BBK throttle body, Jacobs ignition system, centerforce clutch..you get the idea.

I have stuff to build a 383 for it even.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Sell it to someone like myself in the rust belt for like $200, because you know, not running its practically worth scrap :p

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have more money in upgrade parts than the truck would be worth bluebook if it had a stock running motor in it. At this point you need to decide if you will ever have time to finish it or if you really want it, or is it just a big paperweight taking up space? Who cares about dings and dents? Those are easy to fix or overlook. But a nice interior is rarity. Build it up to drive it just for fun or unload it on someone who will appreciate it.

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
most people here would love to have that truck. Perfect interior is an unknown thing for most of us at this point

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guess you have to look at it like this. Is it worth rebuilding for yourself or are you looking to get some money out of it. Do you need or want it and if so will it be put to use as a dd, weekend truck, or work rig.