92 k1500 lq4 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good man, you're gonna love the power. Get a yank converter. Check out how I did my water temp and steam line in my thread.

coastsidekid

Reaction score
Looking good man, you're gonna love the power. Get a yank converter. Check out how I did my water temp and steam line in my thread.

Damn, nice set up you got. I would love to have that whipple, had one for a tbi but figured ill be throwing money down the drain trying to get ls power.
I didnt get a good view of your steam line, what i did was use the heater return port on the radiator, it works but i dont like having to jump down a couple sizes with abunch of fittings, when i get back into my project ill machine a piece from 5/8 to 1/4 ( if i remember correctly).
I got a ****** deal on my 6.0 i got it fired up and there was a F*ING rod knock (spun bearing), so right now the motor is getting pimped out at the machine shop

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really sucks to hear about the bearing, you getting forged internals and CNC work?

My steam line runs to a fitting in the upper rad hose, real simple.

coastsidekid

Reaction score
Im not sure yet, they are supposed to get back to me this week to let me know the details, im going to daily drive the truck so im not sure about going forged. Id love to but costs add up fast. It's definitely hard to not do it all while its out and all that. I know for sure its going to be new if not better. Right now i now i want arp rod bolts, new oil pump, timing chain, and im thinking about putting in a low lift cam. But im having a tough time finding one for the 6.0 that fits my needs. I want to run stock converter and doesnt horribly effect gas milage. if you got something in mind let me know. Also thinking about having the heads milled a tad to bump up compression without having to run 91

I was about to run my steam line that way. t-ing the upper hose but i was impatient to fire it up. How long have you had your 6.0 and hows it holding up? what kinda milage you getting with the blower?

coastsidekid

Reaction score
Well. Its been awhile since my last post but its up and running. Runs good, no hesitation, snappy, much more power and isnt bad on gas. Ive got all my gauges working correctly besides my tach.
Ive got the tach to work but its reading low, at idle its around 100 or 200 on the tach. Right now im running a 680ohm 1/4 watt resistor like shown on lt1swap.com.
Any ideas on how to get this fixed?

coastsidekid

Reaction score
Exhaust is Finished

well ive put on about 1500 miles on the new set up, about 1000 of them were with ****** exhaust set up that wouldnt allow me to run my front driveshaft.
So, i built my exhaust with my bro at his house. turned out killer, and was able to squeeze in long tubes (with some cutting and welding)
Heres a few pictures
What i started with
You must be registered for see images attach

Had to cut the collector short and cut out some tubing to make a bend for driveshaft. (also had to tweak my shift linkage)

Ended up using an old muffler that was in the shop, plasmadd out the 3 inch to make 4inch

clear

passanger

4inch merge

y-pipe done

last picture i took, you dont see the bend for the 4 inch pipe that goes out towards passanger side

All in all it sounds good and it dont leak! i F*** hate exhaust leaks. oh and its pretty loud not too much muffler for all that pipe. :rocking:

coastsidekid

Reaction score
oh and that last 3 bolt flange in the last picture was made with 1/4" steel and a plasma cutter and tons of grinding with the die grinder all because i forgot to order one... although im not sure they even make 3 bolt flanges for 4inch pipe