92 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get what your saying a lot of people think that way. But a properly lowered dually can be just as functional as a stock dually if done correct. I have had lowered and lifted for the past 12 years since I started driving. I can honestly say none of the probably 20 ish trucks I have owned have been better stock then altered.

Most lifted vehicles I have had have had add a leafs and with a proper drop hitch or a bandw adjustable hitch they have towed better then stock height with no squatting of the rear.

Lowered trucks I always c notch and helper bags so you can adjust the rear however high needed. Along with my bandw adjustable receiver I can tow flat level and awesome at any speeds

I'm not picking a fight by no means. You have been one of the main people following this thread and I appreciate that. I'm just stating my experiences. Like anything the people who do modifications poorly ruin it for the rest of the crowd.

I promise you once this things gets it's 5/7 drop you will see pics with my 22 ft car trailer and full size vehicles on it doing work.

I have this thing with lowering dullys and for that fact, camper shells and hard tonnue covers. I think it defeats the purpose of a dully. c1500's are cool lowered.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
So how much do you know
I get what your saying a lot of people think that way. But a properly lowered dually can be just as functional as a stock dually if done correct. I have had lowered and lifted for the past 12 years since I started driving. I can honestly say none of the probably 20 ish trucks I have owned have been better stock then altered.

Most lifted vehicles I have had have had add a leafs and with a proper drop hitch or a bandw adjustable hitch they have towed better then stock height with no squatting of the rear.

Lowered trucks I always c notch and helper bags so you can adjust the rear however high needed. Along with my bandw adjustable receiver I can tow flat level and awesome at any speeds

I'm not picking a fight by no means. You have been one of the main people following this thread and I appreciate that. I'm just stating my experiences. Like anything the people who do modifications poorly ruin it for the rest of the crowd.

I promise you once this things gets it's 5/7 drop you will see pics with my 22 ft car trailer and full size vehicles on it doing work.

No, I was just stating my opinion. I have asked many people who done a dully drop or the camper shell thing and said they never plan on pulling or hauling anything, just like the look. I feel its a waste of truck and fuel. but if you can still use yours and have it lowered then I see it as a plus for you.

"On the other side of town", I have plans on adding a air ride suspension to my truck. I plan on ordering the autoflex rear suspension. But haven't found anything for the front yet. But then again I am having a custom control lower control arm fabricated. I'm converting into a hybrid. The upper control arm will be original C1500. The lower will be C2500LD and K2500LD. This is so I can use the K2500 knuckle. once in place I will install the 1998 K2500 bearing pack to it. Then cross and drilled disc. What I am looking into is to get the detentions of the springs at rest, compressed, and relaxed. I feel a double or triple convoluted air springs with a cup will work. mount the shock on the back side of the control arm. I'm not too familiar with the air springs but Firestone gave me one of there books on the subject. There are two goals with this. One, better towing and a better more comfortable ride. Two, my wife is physically disabled and it would be easier to lower the truck for her to get in. If you have any advise on the front suspension.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Not much for pics but I ordered a bunch of stuff and fixed some small issues

Fixed
Power steering to hydro boost line leak
Oil cooler lines
Changed oil
Changed trans fluid
Driver rear door locks now
Driver rear window rolls down all the way
Replaced driver rear door handle (that was hard to find.... discontinued)

Ordered
Gmt800 tow mirrors
Front bumper balance
Hd headlight harness
Hid headlights
New headlight housings
LED interior bulbs
Ss trim rings for the wheels.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the bueaty rings in today