92-94? Silverado door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Working on a truck that has been with us since probably 2000. Its a 1994 excab swb z71 Silverado. The door panels and grab handles are shot. Given the truck is at 242k or more. The paints peeling, the a/c took a dump last week, and well its not perfect i cant justify the 400 dollar a door panel price tag. Ive had several of these trucks over the years and as much as id like to just swap into a newer door panel that is also more than i want to invest. I went to the pick n pull and scoured and finally foud 3 decent door handles. Amazingly enough the rear door handles on the like year suburbans is almost exactly the same. I found the rear handles in decent shape so i grabbed all i could find. This is my kiddos truck and it has grey interior. The door handles are blue but it also has a blue dash matt so it should tie in well enough. Now these door handle only had 2 locating pins left. I plan to use some type of glue/silicone or construction adhesive to permanently mount them. Do any of yall have a good suggestion for this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the door panel
You must be registered for see images attach

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I refurbished (sort of) mine, I had the hideous tan interior, and it is now all black. I used interior paint, and brushed it in between to get it in all the fibers. Like pretty much all door pulls, I ran screws at the back where they're all broken at into the plastic below. I just color matched the screw head to hide the obvious.

I don't have a direct head on shot at the moment

old armrest I rehabilitated for reuse:

I used gorilla glue with a few washers to fix the main screw hole in the handle, and my creative attempt to glue the cover back down.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked back up on this tonight. Thanks for the input. I went to home depot and scoured the caulk/construction adhesives isle. I really intended to get a epoxy of some sort but after looking at liqiud nails, and the loctite and ge variations of it i settled on a product called iron grip. It claims to stick when others wont. What i found apealing was the -50 to 300 degree service temps. Which here in texas it can easily see that in the summer. I went to the local pick a part place and of course there were no quality door handles for front doors to be had. I ended up seeing a few suburbans that the rear doors were 100% un touched. Upon comparison from memory they looked close. I scrounged around and found a front door panel with out a handle and sure enough they are damn near identical. Here is where im at on the driver door. I have yet to glue it together yet but you can see the dry fitment

Reaction score
Apparently i just repeated my self from above. Here are some pictures of the broken stuff and the new less broken stuff. The front door had a bit different reinforced handle portion. Past that they are about the same

Reaction score
Truck is in decent shape for 244k and a 94. Just really need some cleaning