92/94 Led gauge install (for) best results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Ok you have the pita cluset to convert to led and make look good.. Sorry no pics of progress but Im gonna give you the info to make those leds pop in the cluster.
Materials
7 twistlocks and 194 leds
600 grit wet dry paper
spray adhesive
patience
Take the gauge bezal off and get it out the way. Take the plexiglass cover off and mark were your needles are. Then pull cluster out unhook the shifter cable from your column.When you get the cluster out go ahead and pop your needles off {a fork works good for this) and take the rest of the torx screws out and unhook the stepper motor. Carefully pull the cluster apart. Tha take a scraper and carefully work the overlay loose. After you get it off spend a few minutes cleaning the adhesive off the back. After you get most of it cleaned up take some and some 600 grit wetdry paper and sand were the markings until there is no white or green left. You can hold it up to the light and check progress. After you cant see anymore green dry it off real good and use some spray adhesive to put it back on. Put the cluster back together. Pop out your 7 twistlocks in the back and throw em away. Put your leds in the new twistlock install and enjoy.....why you have everythong apart its a good time to clear and paint your needles.
Pretty sure I didnt miss anything
Edit I have some pics Ill post up later.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Ill add pics if I ever get my replacement phone I have some pics but I upload to photobucket from the phone

fjr1320

Reaction score
Damn wish I woulda know this before I spent last night with a razor scraping the crap off but oh well it worked lol but what'd you use for spray adhesive would something like 3M general trim adhesive work?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
yea that will work just fine

cleaning the adhesive is the worst part but it makes wetsanding it so much easier

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet write up. Im debating on soldering in some leds they sell at radio shack. Thinking i can add a few more to solve the bright spots.