91 k1500 towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you notice any difference in height?

Welders can weld, and fitters can fit, but the porta-can-man knows his ****.
I believe it added about an inch but it's hard to say because I went from a box bed to a much heavier flatbed at the same time.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are the duallies 9200? I just test drove one Monday and forgot to check the sticker.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much does that trailer weigh with horses loaded? looks like a lot of weight for that truck. Do you have trailer brakes that work? Anything can pull heavy loads but stopping it is a whole different story. When you load your truck that far behind the axle you not only squat in the rear but you take a lot of needed weight off the front axle and steering can get dangerous. I drove tow trucks for many years and towed things that were way to big for the truck I was driving to the point that I was pulling out of a side street one day and the truck would not turn till I took my foot off the throttle. Wheels at full lock and truck went straight. That will get your attention. Trucks have load ratings for a reason.

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much does that trailer weigh with horses loaded? looks like a lot of weight for that truck. Do you have trailer brakes that work? Anything can pull heavy loads but stopping it is a whole different story. When you load your truck that far behind the axle you not only squat in the rear but you take a lot of needed weight off the front axle and steering can get dangerous. I drove tow trucks for many years and towed things that were way to big for the truck I was driving to the point that I was pulling out of a side street one day and the truck would not turn till I took my foot off the throttle. Wheels at full lock and truck went straight. That will get your attention. Trucks have load ratings for a reason.
I have no problem going or stopping. The front end is lifted and only raised an inch or 2. I can't stop on a dime or turn on a nickel, but I'm pulling horses, so I don't want to anyway.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Weather you want to stop quick is not always a choice. I know when I tow one of my boats that is maybe 2000 lbs. I am fine on a dry rd. but dicey when wet. We are not required to have trailer brakes till 3000 lbs. in my state and they don't like being dunked in salt water so I don't have them.

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's less of a choice of stopping and more a question of do I want to hurt my horses. The answer of course is no. So i don't stop fast, I drive with extra caution. I don't turn fast, I piss the people behind me off and take corners as slow as I want.

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I have no want to move horses when it's raining out. And if I had to it would be hazards on at about 25mph anyway. Since livestock moves, and they're big enough (and have) moved enough to shift the trailer on the road on dry pavement, I don't wanna take them out in the rain.