91 k1500 cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm trying to add cruise to a 91 Silverado. I have the servo mounted, and the 4 wires that go up the column to the stalk connected. I have 3 wires to connect, brown, brown with a white tracer, and black with a white tracer. I know one is a ground, one goes to the vss and the other goes to the brake lamp switch. Which wires tap into where? I'm going crazy trying to figure it out! Thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images attach

Welders can weld, and fitters can fit, but the porta-can-man knows his ****.

Reaction score
Here is the schematic I used to help me with mine. I installed a 6.0 and 4l80e combo from an 01' in mine, scratched my head for months trying to figure out how to re-use my cruise control. All I had to do was change the cable that hooked to the throttle body to a one that was on 96 on up trucks. Didn't have to do anything to the wiring because I didn't cut any of them, but I believe I used this to trouble shoot it just to make sure everything was working correctly.