91 Dually "Black Mamba "

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is neat, i'm glad to hear there is a company that will rebuild and port the TBI.

Are you going to see if your gas mileage improves as well?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Glad that it worked for you.

You can definitely see where those bigger butterfly's start crowding the space used by the three hold down bolts, it would be safe to say you can't go any bigger.

you would think that, but some guy over at 454ss.com was getting 56mm,( http://www.454ss.com/gallery/jimd/JimD_TBI.htm ) it looked like much more work to get that far, and from what I read he quit doing it and passed it off to another guy, and from what ive read, is he collected quite a few TBI's, a bunch of personal things happened in his life, and there not getting done.

That is neat, i'm glad to hear there is a company that will rebuild and port the TBI.

Are you going to see if your gas mileage improves as well?

I dont calculate gas mileage much, I didnt calculate the gas mileage either before I sent it in. I might hit the trip button from time to time between fill ups just to make sure im not pouring it out of the truck. Its just never been a high priority to me, Im buying a used truck that famously gets poor gas mileage for a couple thousand dollars... I let the guys blowing 65-90k on a new Diesel 1 ton worry about gas mileage.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Cool, I dont know where this journey is gonna head, I really want a crew cab GMT400 454 long bed, but I dont want to pay for one. So I do have this on craigslist for a trade, in case someone has real burning desire for a extra cab 1 ton Dually...

I really think its a pipe dream so Im just bolting on fun stuff until or if it happens.

well, she came with a stock stereo, that needed to go quickly...... I ordered a adapter plate on crutchfield, with wiring harness antenna adapter and a kenwood radio.

You must be registered for see images attach

Only bummer is, I didnt specify color and I got a Grey One......I was a little pissed, until I look online and realize the color match is way off on tan anyways and my dash is atleast 3 different colors of faded tan....So after prepping for paint, I painted it black to see how it would look...

I really like these kenwood head units, I have them in both of my trucks. the bluetooth is what I like the best, a lot of my music is on the phone and you can talk on the phone in your truck hands free, all for 90-100 bucks.

im not digging this look...... to be continued......
Sooo... what were you listening to there???

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Comedian Chris Porter on how pointless Hand-jobs are.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
More of an announcement then an update.

I have been in contact with @Sbrant since I saw his message about prototype spindles for the 8 lug guys, I was originally un-interested since I had put on some Fabtech Lift spindles and basically rebuilt the front end, so I was not into taking off the ones I just Installed. however time passed and people fell through, so I said screw it, and decided to try out these Prototype 4.5" lift spindle.

I was initially worried in the quality, he assured me the spindle was just as strong as the fabtech ones... well once I got em, there was no Doubt they are a well made product. Ive had em installed for at least a month I believe and I have zero complaints. I am hoping to get the truck Re-aligned just to see if theres anything off (hopefully this week) I doubt there will be an issue.

Anyways 2wd 8 lug guys, The Lift Spindle Is back!!!! (coming soon:burnout:)

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
That's sweet! So are the spindles going into production? I know there have been a lot of people wanting to lift their 2wd 8 lugs. Hell, depending on how they are, it might be a way for us 1/2 ton 2wd guys to do an 8 lug conversion. But that all depends on suspension geometry.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Tried out another prototype, the steering stop Fabtech use to make for the spindle lift. it was copied by the same people who made the new 4' spindle lift for 8 lugs
You must be registered for see images

the offset is a little too much, so there going to take some of it off. I personally drove the truck for months without the steering stop without issue. I did notice while installing the lift, if I was to off road or went over a large bump and the steering was fully cranked, there is a possibility of shearing off the brake line bolt. so I just make sure I dont max out the steering.

I will warn you if you do order the steering stop, It drastically reduces your steering ability. I personally ended up taking it back off.

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Lots of maintenance lately, just cant keep her on the road....

Water Pump started pissing out the weep hole

replaced 2 tension pulleys, trying to chase down some squeaks, I like the metal ones better anyways

Alternator Part 1

Clutch fan.

Starter...

Alternator Again!

I saw the Harmonic Balancer, and figured, Why even wait for that to go out..

I didnt like how the new pulley fit on the balancer/dampner so I didnt use it.

I also believe the torque converter and some of the solenoids are giving me problems in the morning it takes a little bit for her to shift into 2nd and once it shifts into 2nd no problem after that very first shift. I also noticed when in fourth gear the torque converter constantly disengages and its just gotten worst and worst, I swapped the fluid out and it had tons of black sediment on the bottom of the pan.... the tranny fluid looked relatively new when I first bought her... I believe this was the first year of the 4l80e in A c3500 and the solenoids and torque converter is popular for being a problem for the first year transmissions, as the replacement ones are made differently, so all the parts are on order and Im waiting for them to come in.