91 Dually "Black Mamba "

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a thread on a Dually I recently Aquired. I ended up Buying a couple things for it. It also helps me keep track when certain things have been installed.

anyways, I have been around this truck for about 17 years, it was owned by a good friend of mines Father... anyways he had no use for it any more, and was thinking about selling it. I threw a low number at him and he took it.. I think he sold it to me, because he knew he would still see it from time to time.

Only thing really wrong with it was the Faded paint up top and the steering column is loose, other then that, no rips in the interior and no major Dents on the exterior, basically Bone stock with exception that he changed the AC to R134a.

You must be registered for see images attach

I took it down to get it smogged and it failed, my suspicions are the Catalytic Converter is bad, (comepletely hollowed out) since it appears to be the original Converter. Best part about California, is the converters are 60 bucks more over here, for no apparent reason other then Companies have to pay off the California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B) to sell there "emissions" legal Parts in this crappy state.

I ordered a new catalytic Converter. while Im waiting for that to come in I bought a bunch of tune up items: Cap, Rotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Ignition Control Module.

While changing out the Ignition control Module, the pick up coil connector that hooks to the ignition control module crumbles in my hands..... I noticed working on this truck that a lot of the plastic parts are very brittle.

Now I got a Pick up Coil on order.

Last edited:

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Awesome truck! I really wish I had a dually with a 454 for towing as my half ton doesn't like it and I have yet to try towing anything with my light duty 3/4 ton 6.5!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Cool, I dont know where this journey is gonna head, I really want a crew cab GMT400 454 long bed, but I dont want to pay for one. So I do have this on craigslist for a trade, in case someone has real burning desire for a extra cab 1 ton Dually...

I really think its a pipe dream so Im just bolting on fun stuff until or if it happens.

well, she came with a stock stereo, that needed to go quickly...... I ordered a adapter plate on crutchfield, with wiring harness antenna adapter and a kenwood radio.

Only bummer is, I didnt specify color and I got a Grey One......I was a little pissed, until I look online and realize the color match is way off on tan anyways and my dash is atleast 3 different colors of faded tan....So after prepping for paint, I painted it black to see how it would look...

I really like these kenwood head units, I have them in both of my trucks. the bluetooth is what I like the best, a lot of my music is on the phone and you can talk on the phone in your truck hands free, all for 90-100 bucks.

im not digging this look...... to be continued......

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I have notice a couple more Dually threads popping up, I definately dont mind that!!

Got a new pick up Coil today, The old one was near death. everything falling apart on it from the connector to the insulation on the wires...

Also started painting some interior pieces, the dash parts seem to be absorbing the paint and when it dries, its a faded black.

I used what paint I had left from painting the radio dash piece, ill have to get more tomorrow to finish up.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Finished Painting a few dash Pieces, Ill install them Later today, took alot of coats, I like the way they came out.

started working on the steering column, it was really loose...

In order to fix this problem, you pretty much have to take apart the whole entire steering colum.

heres the 4 Torx head screws that were loose, 1 of the bolts pulled righ out, wasnt even threaded in any more.

while everythings apart I figure I would replace a couple things. got a new Ignition, a cancel Cam which I was expecting to be broken but it wasnt, still put the new one on anyways, and I got another steering wheel.

Taking it apart was easy, putting it all back together was real time consuming, a couple little parts gotta go in just right. If it wasnt for this link It would of taken longer. http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/images/d/d6/Jazzman_Steering_Rack_Rebuild.pdf#page=22

finally got it back together.

I like to give the painted pieces 24 hours before I start installing them, Ill throw the dash pieces in later. Also picked up some headers, so Ill be throwing those in soon...

Last edited: