91 Chevy Suburban 10 bolt SFA swap to 89 Chevy k1500 IFS possible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llmacgregor

Reaction score
So this is one of the last year solid front axles for the Suburban 1991. I was curious if it was maybe a good canidate for a SAS for my truck to achive a more durable front end for offroad. The carrier is on the passenger side.

Ive been kicking this idea around and ive heard a late 70's ford d44 is a good way to go for a sas, but havent found one yet.

I found this...200 bucks, looks good, I could fab hangers, shackles, and move the spring perches if possible. But im not sure how the front driveline, and steering setup would go.

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/pts/2394207088.html

Any information on the possibility of this swap would be greatly appretiated.

thanks
-Luke

89 scsb Chevy k1500

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you would have to swap transfer cases also cause these trucks are on the drivers side

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think a 10 bolt would be the best canidate for a SAS. It might be "easier" since some of the parts might match up or something but I don't think it would be worth it. But hey if its good enough for a 1500 suburban in the front I guess it might be stronger then a 10 bolt rear end?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I don't think a 10 bolt would be the best canidate for a SAS. It might be "easier" since some of the parts might match up or something but I don't think it would be worth it. But hey if its good enough for a 1500 suburban in the front I guess it might be stronger then a 10 bolt rear end?

Its the same axle as the rear 10 bolt id keep looking for a better candidate 10 bolts are weak