90 Silverado c1500 to 99 Silverado c3500 axel/spindle SWAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artomatic

Reaction score
I have a 90 c1500 shortbed and have a wrecked 99 c3500 I want to make my 90 short bed a 8 lug towing beast .. HOW CAN this be done ??? Any input will be greatly appreciated ??

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The control arms will bolt right into your frame. The lower is actually the same; upper is different and the ball joint it holds is larger for the C3500 spindle.

Rear axle and even spring pack will bolt right in, too; you'll need a conversion-style U-joint for the driveshaft (also known as a 50/50)

You'll want to swap to a C3500 type master cylinder to properly work the larger calipers and rear wheel cylinders.

There's gonna be other "gotchas" too, but main one off the top of my head is your frame doesn't have all the little extra brackets and supports a C3500 has...so even if you bring *everything* over, it's still somewhat short of what a real C3500 would be.

Richard