89 to 91 instrument cluster swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudtruck89

Reaction score
Thank yall so much for the help, I actually managed to track down the diagrams in ALLDATA online but the diagram for the 91 didn't have a key to identify the pins with....

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At least in not the only one digging up bones. I have a 91 with a wrecked dash. Looking to swap a 94 dash and cluster in. Where can i find the info?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Nogard

Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but I can not seem to find a post which fits as well as this one. I have an 88 C1500 that has one of the instrument lights come on. Unfortunately the label is basically destroyed so I can not tell what it is supposed to be telling me. The only code it is giving is voltage on the coolant temp sensor, but that makes the check engine light come on, which is a different light. The exact light that is on is the one that is on in the top picture that burkey05 posted in the second post on this thread. I have been searching Google for an hour now and that is the only picture I can even find which is the same instrument cluster that this truck has, but unfortunately it is too blurry for me to read what it says it is supposed to be. Can anyone please help me figure out what that particular light is supposed to be?

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That should be your brake warning. Either your parking brake is applied (even just a little) or the pressure switch off the proportioning valve has detected a problem. Brakes feel OK, or suddenly mushy coinciding with the light coming on?

Richard