89 GMC shortbox - Cruiser - torque build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed my new mirrors ,painted my door handles and detailed it a little . Right now I have a cheap Thrush Hush turbo muffler dumping in front of the passenger rear tire...its W A Y too loud ...I ordered a Magnaflow 18 x 7 inch round straight through to quiet it down and I am switching to a full length factory 3" tail pipe dumping in the stock location behind the rear tire to quiet it down ...I have owned that particular Magnaflow before and was shocked at how quiet it was especially at 70 mph - no cab drone but sounds throaty at idle . Also today I am installling an adapter to run my factory oil pressure gage over the mechanical one I have installed under the dash . I threw on some new Bosch wiper blades too which by the way are on sale 2 for 1 right now at Oreillys .

Last edited:

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today i fixed the interior dome and courtesy lights wiring and dropped a led bulb in it
and scrubbed the interior and carpet .....

Last edited:

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tailpipe **** ....rock auto , eastern exhaust is the name of the company that makes it ... 3 inch diameter quality piece, 41 bucks , all bends correct and has a welded hanger on it too ....

Last edited:

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting around to tweaking the smaller bugs out of this combo. First time I have used one of these Barry Grant Street Demon 625's . I noticed a slight accelerator pump stumble on take off . I moved the accelertor pump arm to hole number one like they suggest but it didnt fix it . It has a single .031 accelerator pump squirter in it from the factory. Its funky looking and is a rectangular looking block pump nozzle . The only ones I had laying around were the old school Holley squirters that are round and have the 2 mini brass nozzles sticking out of them . So I threw an .037 in it with the longer hollow mounting screw (it fit fine) and it still didnt fix it but made it ever so slightly better . I had an .045 squirter laying around from my Buick 462 drag car days ....so I threw it in and it cleaned up the stumble nicely. In the Barry Grant instructions it mentions Air Gap intakes might need more pump shot I guess they were right . FWIW.

Last edited:

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quiet muffler : Walker p/n 18180 muffler if you are in search of a quieter muffler - similar to oem ....I have a slightly warmed over 10 to 1 350 with a small cam. I had a Dynomax 7 inch round and around 30 inch long muffler on it before and it was simply too loud.....sounded great at idle but was pretty loud from 1200 to above -annoyingly FULL of bass tones in the small cabin...So I was seeking a quiet OEM db wise muffler. This Walker sounds good at idle ,a tad louder than stock and BLESSINGLY pretty muffled and quiet going down the road at 70 mph etc. So if your looking for an ever so slightly (cant stress slightly enough) louder than stock this is your muffler . Im calling it a win . My system is a single 3 inch pipe from the y pipe,no cat,to a full factory length 3 inch tailpipe exiting at the stock location -passenger rear quarter panel. From what I can tell its a 3 chamber turbo muffler inside, 3 inch ends, single offset inlet , single center outlet around 29 inches overall long , oval case around 7 wide So I am officially O L D selecting my first quiet muffler lol. FWIW

Last edited: