89 cluster swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trukrtrash10

Reaction score
i have 89 c1500 w/ std cluster speedo an lights no gauges, w/ pin connector, not printed circuit.
is there a cluster w/ tach and gauges that will swap over?
if so what models an yrs?
and what to look for and what to look out for during said swap?
thnx, tt10

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking but it sounds like you are trying to replace your moonie cluster with a needle cluster? If that's right then the 91 year cluster is supposed to be a direct replacement. They are hard to find. You would be better off getting a cluster for a 92-94 and changing your connector and DRAC. Many have done it you just have to search on here.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the type of cluster that you have?
You must be registered for see images attach

trukrtrash10

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking but it sounds like you are trying to replace your moonie cluster with a needle cluster? If that's right then the 91 year cluster is supposed to be a direct replacement. They are hard to find. You would be better off getting a cluster for a 92-94 and changing your connector and DRAC. Many have done it you just have to search on here.

yes thats what im wanting to do.
do these clusters you mentioned have tach?
what is DRAC?