88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'm fairly certain of where I'm going with it, most of what is holding me up currently is the fact it's raining 95% of the time and I'm limited on space.

I've been thinking about getting springs and shocks done, but there is also the money factor as well. Just gotta plan it right.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Is it fair to say that your reg cab shorty is not nearly as clean as your dually? Im not critizing by any means, just wondering if you are going to bring it up to the same level of "Factory Clean" as the other, or are you still planning on wheeling it and getting scratches?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Is it fair to say that your reg cab shorty is not nearly as clean as your dually? Im not critizing by any means, just wondering if you are going to bring it up to the same level of "Factory Clean" as the other, or are you still planning on wheeling it and getting scratches?
The years haven't been great to it. It has original paint from 88, and a bashed in cab corner. The SMC stepside fenders are all delaminating. It's just at that age. It does have 207k on it.

But, the frame, engine, trans etc are all perfect. There is no rust, interior is pretty clean as well, aside from a little edge wear on the seat.

When all said and done the idea is it's going to be like a new truck.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
I was hoping you would say that. As many of these trucks running around as there is, I still much prefer stuff the stuff that is closer to stock as possible

...with a solid front axle of course.

Staying stepside?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
any issues with the PY0s fitting over the hubs? I've been thinking of running a set on my 78 but heard they wouldn't clear the hub? just wondering if maybe you had to clearance them abit.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk