88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Looks to me like it's time to buy a bunch of 400's and ship them to New Zealand. LOL
I used to do that until about 10 years ago, but too many people started in on the deal after a change of Govt policy . The market was flooded, but prices didn't come down.
Truck prices are not entirely a reflection of greedy people, it is mostly about NZ govt policy around exchange rates, shipping prices , insurance , taxes, registration, lh/rh drive and GVW. All of that is designed to favour Japanese/Euro vehicles .
Whatever the cost in US $, well over doubles by time it arrives here and becomes NZ $.
Second hand trucks are not the biggest issue, the price really bites when we need new repair parts.... that's where the unscrupulous price gougers in NZ really hit hard. It takes time and effort to buy parts from the USA , so most people pay through the nose, and few trucks are ever wrecked.
Theres a thread for this. its called the chat thread.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
let me drive the truck to work and itll likely get some attention and an article written about it. everything ive taken there since has had an article about it even if its on GM server only.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
:xmasorlyflag:
I don't think iPhone's have wireless charging... Do they? My SE doesn't, maybe the X or 10 or whatever the new number is :Insane:, has wireless charging. I could be wrong, they could very well have that option now.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
So Dave... iPhone has wireless charging...

:xmasorlyflag:
I don't think iPhone's have wireless charging... Do they? My SE doesn't, maybe the X or 10 or whatever the new number is :Insane:, has wireless charging. I could be wrong, they could very well have that option now.

i just got an 8 plus Saturday and it’s supposed to be able to wireless charge.
The current generation of phone does indeed have wireless charging. I'm still in the Iphone 6 category, without it. And besides that, carplay requires the cable connection still. LOL

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Oooohhh, so they do now, ok. Wireless charging wouldn't be a bad idea. I have a GMT800 jump seat, if only my SE had wireless charging, I could retro-fit a wireless charger thingy under the pad on the lid... Hmm...

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Long overdue update. Summer was brutally busty for me.

Got the Trans and T-Case back shortly after the last update, slapped it in and got on with life.
You must be registered for see images attach

After it was together, finally got around to adding a video splitter and side view cameras to the truck. I also upgraded the side backup lights with the boost auto modules. WAY brighter.

And I did my normal camping trips

Only to have the last one end with a 197 miles of AAA towing.

Truck started running like crap and backfiring on the way home, turns out I blew a lower intake gasket. It's all fixed back up now complete with a tune-up as well.