88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.White98

Reaction score
From another 6.5L Suburban owner, nice find.

Couldn't help but notice the projector retrofit on the dually. I know there's a bunch of write ups out there on retrofits, but knowing your work I was just wondering if you did anything different to mount/seal the projectors.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Nice find!
But bro, seriously, i think you have a problem....

You don't have dropped street-truck gmt400 yet. :think:
I keep telling myself I have no problem. When i get the itch the cure is another GMT400.

Also, whats 2wd? I've never really owned a 2wd. I find them pointless :gr_grin:

From another 6.5L Suburban owner, nice find.

Couldn't help but notice the projector retrofit on the dually. I know there's a bunch of write ups out there on retrofits, but knowing your work I was just wondering if you did anything different to mount/seal the projectors.
I totally forgot I did the projector retrofit on this awhile back... it's been kinda a test run. I picked the lights up at the junkyard and wasn't scared to destroy them. The projectors are Morimoto Matchbox H1s - they are the smallest bi-xenon projector they have.

So in order to fit them in the headlight all I had to do was concave the area right at the bulb a little bit to gain like, 2mm of clearance, and trim the top of the shroud. That is it. It was basically a bolt in affair.

Now I will say after having them awhile, they are OK. They aren't as bright as I'd like (although 55w HIDs might work better) but they have a good cut-off line and aren't offensive.
You must be registered for see images attach

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I keep telling myself I have no problem. When i get the itch the cure is another GMT400.

Also, whats 2wd? I've never really owned a 2wd. I find them pointless :gr_grin:

I totally forgot I did the projector retrofit on this awhile back... it's been kinda a test run. I picked the lights up at the junkyard and wasn't scared to destroy them. The projectors are Morimoto Matchbox H1s - they are the smallest bi-xenon projector they have.

So in order to fit them in the headlight all I had to do was concave the area right at the bulb a little bit to gain like, 2mm of clearance, and trim the top of the shroud. That is it. It was basically a bolt in affair.

Now I will say after having them awhile, they are OK. They aren't as bright as I'd like (although 55w HIDs might work better) but they have a good cut-off line and aren't offensive.

Those aren't bad at all. I struggled fitting full size mini H1 into the stock housing. Yours fit a lot better.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Not been much going on with this thing for awhile now.

I did remove the Z71 Guard.

Then spent 8 hours or so fully detailing it inside and a out....

And parked it in my GMT400 playground. The 88 is looking a bit sad... some updates are in it's thread though, it shouldn't be sad too much longer!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
You can send that guard my way. I'll give it a good home.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Well it has been more than a minute since I've checked in on here...

A slight style change - installed factory "4x4" stickers on it again. I like the style of them and their OEMness. Just something different.

Few misc camping shots. Some of these should totally be in a GM recreation brochure or something LOL.

Been using the suburban a bit more, since it's easy to leave the camper on and it gets WAY better economy, and honestly it's more of a "beater". I did put heated seats in it, and found hood and grille with better paint, upgraded the lighting, installed 4" exhaust....

Took a nice trip on memorial day out in the sand. My happiest place on earth.

But, on the way home... the way home... the GD MFing thing started making sound... from the trans/transfercase.......... AGAIN.

5th gear backed off on the transmission, which pushes on the input shaft of the transfercase case and destroys it... So this week these got sent out for a nice day at the spa...

dhunt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see this thread still going. The trans issue is unfortunate though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhunt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t you in the last year replace the case because of bearing issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk