88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
The grill guard looks horrendous on there!
You should take it off and send it to me immediately so that I can properly dispose of it....

Kidding of course, this truck it truly the epitome of what every GMT400 owner dreams of, every little cool thing like all the switches, Esky cluster, the diesel bumper and corner lenses, but the Z71 brush guard takes the cake!

Would bed-lining an aluminum guard like that provide for any added strength or would it be a waste of effort?
Doubt it would do anything substantial. Im still looking for one myself but I like my big beefy stainless one. Just have to figure out how to mount it. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to have custom mounts made for it.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Top cross bar looks awfully close to being in the way of the led bar.

I say paint it and keep it on. Or would it look better on the 88?
It is kinda close, and blocks some of the upward light. The lightbar is kinda just for fun anyway, it's like, not really that useful.

This guard wouldn't fit on the 88 without some significant modification to it, as that truck has springs in the way of where it mounts. I have other plans for it anyway.

I like the brush guard, even if its limited functionality.
It may help reduce some front end damage if you hit, say, a small deer? :eek:
Or at the very lease help deflect larger debris on the freeway or something, like a box flying around? :D
Yeah... it's basically a small branch protector I guess. A box or something it could easily deflect as well.

The grill guard looks horrendous on there!
You should take it off and send it to me immediately so that I can properly dispose of it....

Kidding of course, this truck it truly the epitome of what every GMT400 owner dreams of, every little cool thing like all the switches, Esky cluster, the diesel bumper and corner lenses, but the Z71 brush guard takes the cake!

Would bed-lining an aluminum guard like that provide for any added strength or would it be a waste of effort?
HAHA thanks. Bedliner wouldn't really add anything just be durable.

Doubt it would do anything substantial. Im still looking for one myself but I like my big beefy stainless one. Just have to figure out how to mount it. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to have custom mounts made for it.

Tyler/T-Unit
What guard is that?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It is kinda close, and blocks some of the upward light. The lightbar is kinda just for fun anyway, it's like, not really that useful.

This guard wouldn't fit on the 88 without some significant modification to it, as that truck has springs in the way of where it mounts. I have other plans for it anyway.

Yeah... it's basically a small branch protector I guess. A box or something it could easily deflect as well.

HAHA thanks. Bedliner wouldn't really add anything just be durable.

What guard is that?
It's either an old style (07 back) Westin one piece or it could be a Polar Bear which has been out of business for over a decade. I haven't been able to confirm what it is for sure though so either of those could be wrong. What I do know is that it is extremely sturdy and well built and I don't intend to ****** it by cobbling some.sort of mount for it together. I'll just pay the good money and have some solid mounts fabbed up and be worry free.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Oh boy, what is this now...

Here we have a 97 GMC K1500 suburban. Yes, 8 lug. Yes, 1500. "1500". It's a 6.5L. For whatever reason they used the 2500 frames on them. It has 277k on it and randomly shuts off when it warms up... no way I know what that could be!

The fleet is growing....

dhunt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you going to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh, I wonder why? They did have 6 lug 1500 trucks with the 4L80 and 14bsf. Let's not forget that GM was willing to rate a 6 lug to 7200 GVWR. What's the GVWR on that burb?