88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good find on the wheels. Are you using the Flaming River U joint? Those seats look incredibly clean. I'm almost to the point of needing my leather reupholstered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Good find on the wheels. Are you using the Flaming River U joint? Those seats look incredibly clean. I'm almost to the point of needing my leather reupholstered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
It's not a flaming river one, but it's the same thing. Just generic off ebay for like $30.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang i'd love some leather seats!
Some of the stuff you find at the yard looks ridiculously clean, all the stuff at yards near me is crap.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I used one of those eBay covers on my Denali driver seat. Looked great and wasn't too hard of a job - but I didn't keep the heating element. That's a lot of work I wasn't worth putting into that truck since I was getting ready to sell it lol

You must be registered for see images attach

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
I used one of those eBay covers on my Denali driver seat. Looked great and wasn't too hard of a job - but I didn't keep the heating element. That's a lot of work I wasn't worth putting into that truck since I was getting ready to sell it lol

You must be registered for see images attach
I followed a tutorial on it, it's not hard at all! Basically you cut it out of the old seat, get down to just the element and make it as minimal as possible and lay it between the seat and new cushion. There is a good video on this site.

https://www.theseatshop.com/1996-19...ation-leather-surface-with-vinyl-sides/17032/

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Even with my hatred for leather i would still offer either ******** for your truck, and as always, nice work.
I really enjoy the look and feel of cloth, however the leather is less prone to stains/spills. And being heated.... That is what I was really after.

Next step is to heat the rear seats and add lumbar.