88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhunt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. That was very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Now yeah see, I keep coming back to this truck and changing my mind about my truck.

I still haven't decided what to do with this thing, am I going to daily it and possibly ruin it and not worry? Or should I take the time and make everything clean (like really clean) and relatively closer to factory (similar to what you are doing here, which, lesbehonest, is far more interesting to me than some sema build, and I have waaaay more respect for and love for than any of that stuff)

Anywho

I don't hate wood trim in trucks, but I haven't seen a combination (interior color and wood grain/stain color) that has yet to make me want to start changing things. However, yours doesn't look wrong but I couldn't suggest one way or the other, probably not lighter if anything.

That being said the only one I did like was in my 01 Dodge, black leather interior, and the coloring of the wood trim (not real or even upscale I know) but it had the right amount in the right places and with design of the interior on that truck it was very nice, so much so that I really wish I could replicate it in my truck.

Anywho, so... how about those wheels?
What about wheels?

just sat here from 8 AM until now reading from page 1! my eyes hurt but im officially inlove with this truck!!!
Welcome to the club! Its a pretty big club lol
Iv done that
Lookin' good, Dave.
Thanks guys!

If you like this one then you need to see his 88, 99 and travel trailer builds. They will take you about the rest of your evening and you will have to wipe drool from yourself and try not to spend so much ordering parts that your bank calls to ask if your wallet has been stolen .
I'm glad the trailer is gone at this point, and i miss the 99 ALOT. I wish i still had it, but i wouldn't have a use anyway so.... meh.

Dont forget the one about what he does in his spare time. That deck and yard are goregous
Thanks. That was very nice
Yeah, there hasn't been as much of that this year, lots of little things here and there. I'm hoping next year i can build a small shed/garage in the back.

dhunt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had the choice of engine in your crew cab would it be the 454 or the 6.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Oh I just want your wheels is all.

Still going to follow the build even if you wont sell em.
:lol: no plans to sell these. A set recently sold on ebay in slightly better condition without tires for $1500...

If you had the choice of engine in your crew cab would it be the 454 or the 6.5?
For the area I live in (lots of big hills) and the way I tow, 454 hands down. I can pin the throttle loaded up the pass and do 70 without the truck caring. 6.5L would probably kill itself, at least my old one would.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
1500 you say? I'm willing to spend some coin but maybe not that much

And yeah for what you do, I bet that 454 is better. You also got a blower huffin down the throat of your mill. 6.5s come with a wee hair dryer that simply dont cut it

Clay

Reaction score
Been following this thread for some time, finally decided to create an account. Your truck makes me wanna spend so much money I don't have

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This truck is part of the reason I bought a crew cab dually, but my 454 came with a Whipple already on there. Now to see how bad of mpg I can pull down.