88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Went down to the wreckers quick to see what they had, and to try and find a non-broken Escalade bezel to replace mine (it's cracked and missing a tab, although still works ok). Ended up finding this woodgrain steering wheel in a conversion van, matches the trim pretty well although it's a shade lighter. Not sure how long it'll stay but I think it helps tie the interior together a little bit.
You must be registered for see images attach

After getting that in, I just couldn't stand not having the Escalade trim on the dash bezel. I originally didn't want to cut mine up for the double din so I used the OEM bezel first (since I have 3 of them floating around somehow)... well since I found one to modify for later I cut up the one with the crack for the time being. So much better.

That is about it for now. I have another box coming UPS with some more goodies for the dually soon.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Looks great I'm digging the wood grain. Ever since I've got my 2000 I've been trying to find one of those wheels buts it's proving hard to find one in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Looks great I'm digging the wood grain. Ever since I've got my 2000 I've been trying to find one of those wheels buts it's proving hard to find one in good shape.
To my knowledge GM never made a woodgrain wheel with the dark grey leather. GMT400 Escalades were that light cream color, and GMT800 Escalades would only work from a 2002 and they are a weird taupe grey color. I'm pretty sure it's an aftermarket job as it's the only time I've seen one, and it was out of some Chevy Express conversion van with blue velour and lots of real wood panels screwed on inside.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Good to know. Now I know why all the gm wheels looks a shade off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like that wheel! I would keep it if it was me, it does tie everything together well.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
You never cease to amaze me with what you do to this thing. That looks like It could've been a factory "Denali" package from 1998.