'88 dually

Discussion in 'Towing' started by KRS1, Apr 14, 2014.

1. KRS1

KRS1 OBS Enthusiast

messed up on the size of the trap door hole...

DSC02976 (Medium).JPG

DSC02977 (Medium).JPG

DSC02979 (Medium).JPG

2. KRS1

KRS1 OBS Enthusiast

POR painted fuel filler tube and new plastic fill up hardare...

DSC02980 (Medium).JPG

DSC02981 (Medium).JPG

3. KRS1

KRS1 OBS Enthusiast

Hey guys, I haven't updated on here in awhile. I have was busy fixing my daily driver aka "the junker" a '02 Grand Am as well as working on the "drag race engine" for my '70 Monte Carlo..but I finally got around to working on the access panel for the fuel pump for the truck. I had to wait until the u-pull it yard rented of cordless recip saws..they had been advertising in the summer but now finally have them available..
    My goal for the winter is to get a engine for the truck. My friend (automotive machinist) has some already machined parts that I might be able to use..a few 350 blocks & rods for example..as usual money is tight but I might work at some "side" jobs to afford it..
    Anyways here are the vids

DSC03207 (Medium).JPG

4. KRS1

KRS1 OBS Enthusiast

Hey guys, I am going to try to build as much as this truck engine over the winter...I just gotta get some more $ here is the video

5. KRS1

KRS1 OBS Enthusiast

Hey guys, not much to update on. I have just been collecting various parts for the engine. I will be picking up some pistons, piston rings and harmonic balancer. In the meantime I am considering to start on the wiring. I won't have the engine or trans in the truck but a friend suggested using a 9 volt battery to weakly power the harness and start to check various components..I would just label each circuit and try to start to trace problems. I want to keep this project going somehow and until I get the engine in there isn't a whole lot I can think of to do...

BowtieBrody likes this.