'88 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Ive had prime so long I dont know if a regular user gets free shipping, but amazon prime, just about everything is free shipping.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Are you randy from trailer park boys?

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
LOL, as I was watching the video and heard myself say "frig" I thought of Randy..I just don't have the "randy gut" or am I involved with Jim Leahy or into dudes... I just have to stop working out and eat poorly...

I guess I have a pretty thick Canadian accent, it is funny all the accents we have in North America...I actually make reference "sounding like Ricky" in another vid at the 2 2:05 point..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJTyuX14IY

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Lol i love that show. Whats up with the car in the garage?

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Yep, I love that show as well! They go on tour all over the place so maybe they might hit Iowa?
The car in the garage is my 1970 Monte Carlo"drag car" part of the reason why the dually is being built to tow it.. The engine is being rebuilt (it has taken years) still on going..
Here is a vid at a test and test of it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMp-wulGy0E

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yep, I love that show as well! They go on tour all over the place so maybe they might hit Iowa?
The car in the garage is my 1970 Monte Carlo"drag car" part of the reason why the dually is being built to tow it.. The engine is being rebuilt (it has taken years) still on going..
Here is a vid at a test and test of it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMp-wulGy0E
Awesome! I know how the multiple project thing goes haha

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Thanks man, for right now there isn't much to do on the Monte..So, I am focusing on the Grand Am and truck...the Grand Am is my daily driver and I am wondering if the head gasket is starting to go..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
just some progress pics.. I took the grill off (it needs to be replaced, it is cracked..) and blew out the PS/brakes cooler lines with some mineral spirts..I also prepped & painted the area (with undercoat etc) below the headlamps which is often pretty rusty (as seen in the 'yard)! I am good though mine has only started.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also bought a complete set of service manuals, the wiring diagram book will come in handy when I take the dash apart!

often when you re-install the door panels the bottom clips don't work..so you can use a black trim screw instead

pic of the pain in butt inner door panels/hardware

I am still waiting for the control arms...my friend is putting in the & lower balljoints as well as the poly control arm bushings...once that comes back I will re-install the front suspension..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't updated in awhile; .I got the front suspension together (I used MOOG parts when I could).. New upper/lower ball joints. New poly lower control arm bushings. Here is a tip; for the poly bushings; you will have to re-use some of the "shells" and re-insert the bushings in them..make sure when you press them out you are easy on them! For the uppers I wanted to use the polys but I had to use the stock GM rubber ones. The shells for the uppers pretty much collapsed and the GM ones came with the shell. ALSO TAKE NOTE there are different sizes of upper control arm bushings so make sure you order the right one! For the coil springs I went with a variable rate MOOG coil. These are very hard to compress because you cannot fit the coil compressor "hooks" in between the coils very easily..because of that the lower coil is not seated all the way to the lower control arm spring indentation. In talking with some mechanics it might rotate over time. If I were to do it again I would order the conventional springs and be able to place them in nicely..I tried to rotate them myself (you can see where my POR paint chipped off!) but I will leave them for now and see how the truck sits...next up is the steering components. I did get the box in and I have all the steering stuff ready and painted (all MOOG again), I am just waiting for a warmer day but it will be March on Tues so spring is right around the corner!

Last edited: