88 C1500 bench seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikey48

Reaction score
My bench seats are sagging but the cover is fair shape. Looking under the seat all I see is foam that is not supported by anything. No wires or bars for support. Is this the way it was built? Has anyone got an idea to fix these?

dmacke01

Reaction score
I think the springs are molded into the cushion. At least based on the LMC Truck catalog. Not that it's helpful but FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Go to furniture upholsterer or an upholstery supply & buy some 2" wide 'elastic' banding. It's what those furniture guys use for springs in antique furniture.
Pull the covers & the foam. Wrap the elastic from side to side & then front to back, weaving the elastic over & under each wrap in the opposing direction.
You can do each run across individually or in one piece.
I prefer the latter, but if doing in one piece wrap once around the frame once between each run. This will help to prevent the elastic from moving & bunching up on itself.
The elastic doesn't have to be really tight. Just snug enough that the elastic is under some tension. The weaving of the elastic will make it stiffer with each run. Too tight & every time you sit on the seat, it will over-stretch & break down sooner than it should.
This makes for a very comfortable seat.
The ends will have to attached to itself at the beginning & the ends if doing continuous, or on each run across/front-to-back. I use 'hog-rings' for that. Need special hog-ring pliers for those. You can get the pliers & enough h/rings from the upholstery guy or the supplier for under $20.00. Figure $30-$40.00 for the elastic.