88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was given a set of nbs bucket/jumpseat setup. Wondering how hard the swap will be. Does the bottom framework transfer over ?

You must be registered for see images attach

Galen DreVahn

Reaction score
95 Ext Cab C1500 (2dr) owner here.

I'm swapping out the drivers side of a 60/40 split bench with a full electric bucket out of a 96 4dr Tahoe. My existing passenger seat allows access to the rear and also has the lumbar support. What I am curious about is, so the seats match as I'm getting them reupholstered, how hard is it to take the armrest off another seat and mount it to my existing seat that doesn't have one. I realize the foam will need to be cut, but does anyone know how the hinge is mounted to the seat ?

Also, is there any components for the drivers seat that I "should have" pulled from the Tahoe when I snagged it from the yard ? I cut the wiring about a foot out from the seat along the floorboard. Wondering if I missed anything or if I can just run a + and - line to the seat.

Louis63

Reaction score
Created a thread already, but thought I would post here so it's listed.
Just finished installing 2010-2015 Camaro SS seats. Fits well even in standard cab, so crewcabs will work great. Cut down the seat mounts, and welded steel bars for mounting the seat to the rails. The positive and negative power from your 60/40 bench will wire up to the camaro seats. Just don't forget to take the fuse out for the airbags.

What's the center console out of?

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was given a set of nbs bucket/jumpseat setup. Wondering how hard the swap will be. Does the bottom framework transfer over ?

Damn, id love to have your old console and buckets. I have a 94 with 60/40. The drivers seat mounts are same as the high back buckets, the bench seat only the outboard support is the same, its inner support is a shorty on the floor hump. I grabbed the inboard passenger seat bucket support and seat track wire out of a junked 93 1 ton dually in my wrecking yard.

I heard the buick park ave, and pontiac bonneville front buckets bolt right up to these seat supports. My other option is to chop the supports about 1.5" and lower the bench seat setup down a little.

Last edited:

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The center console is ready. If u want it

Damn, id love to have your old console and buckets. I have a 94 with 60/40. The drivers seat mounts are same as the high back buckets, the bench seat only the outboard support is the same, its inner support is a shorty on the floor hump. I grabbed the inboard passenger seat bucket support and seat track wire out of a junked 93 1 ton dually in my wrecking yard.

I heard the buick park ave, and pontiac bonneville front buckets bolt right up to these seat supports. My other option is to chop the supports about 1.5" and lower the bench seat setup down a little.