7.4L intake gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klittle1417

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know plenty about the 5.7 and the history with intake gasket issues. I even did them on my 97 K1500. But, I know nothing about the 7.4L vortec.

I'm looking at a 99 K2500 Suburban that is using coolant. Do these things have similar intake gasket issues? If that's likely the issue it doesn't scare me to have to do them.

This truck have a great body and frame so for the price it is worth doing intake gaskets.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kevin

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I did mine here at 130k because I ate a cam and the intake gaskets were friggin toast. Unfortunately there was no metal upgrade like with the 5.7 so get what you can find. I got the AC Delco upper/lower off of Amazon as it was vastly cheaper than any alternative.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Yeah, I did mine here at 130k because I ate a cam and the intake gaskets were friggin toast. Unfortunately there was no metal upgrade like with the 5.7 so get what you can find. I got the AC Delco upper/lower off of Amazon as it was vastly cheaper than any alternative.

So should I pick up the AC Delco gaskets or go with Fel-Pro? I'm getting injectors done soon, so I want to take care of a few other things while the intake is apart.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Victor Reinz makes the AC Delco. I got AC because it was way cheaper than anything else.