6" suspension 2" body opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diminus

Reaction score
HI there new to the site. I been floating around on here for a coulple months just trying to gather information on what I'm going to do. Got some good info no doubt.
My question is. I picked up a 1998 gmc suburban for a grand with no rust on it off a older gentleman.
I'm more knowledgeable with dodges I had a 2012 ram on 8 inch lift and a 83 with 9 inches of lift. I ran 37s on both trucks. My current truck is a 96 12 valve I built last year. This suburban is for my missus mainly but I do use it.
Anyway here it goes. I recently installed a 6" RC lift. Replaced every front end component while I was at it. Very easy rig to work on I must say.
But I got 315s on aftermarket rims with -25 offset so yeahhhhhh she rubs. And it was bad. I put a few more cranks on it but left rear a bit higher. (I like rake because I always got something thrown in the back of my rigs lol.
I did trim bumper and inner lip off of fender on rear side of tire. No rub now daily driving but if you come off a curb or hit a decent pothole. (And let me tell you the isolated Northern community I live in is full of pot holes.... ( she will crunch lol. I have a 2" body lift sitting in my garage but I was nervous the 315s will look weird on 8"s of lift. Curious if anyone else has done this. Believe me I searched the net but to no avail. IL try and figure out how to load pics . Can't seem to access my phones gallery with the Interface on this forum. Probably just me lol

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
From the looks of it is say you'll be fine. They look a little stuffed right now, I'd throw it in. If it gets too goofy looking for your likes then at that point you can always turn the t-bars down a little.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

Diminus

Reaction score
That's all I needed to hear. Looks like when I get off my shift rotation Tuesday it's going in.
Thanks! Sometimes a second opinion is all you need before doing something lol.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
That's all I needed to hear. Looks like when I get off my shift rotation Tuesday it's going in.
Thanks! Sometimes a second opinion is all you need before doing something lol.
Yeah, we've all been there. Be sure to post back with more pics.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

Diminus

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna try and install it this week off . Yours looks really good with that much lift and 35s