6" lift with extended cab... a warning for you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so I am not 100% that it has to do with the ex cab or not, but here is the situation. I recently lifted the truck with the RCX 6" kit. I had to (like most do) to redo my exhaust to clear the front drive shaft. While the truck was on the lift, I took a peak to see how things were after a few days of driving. I found that a cross member (about 1.5-2 feet towards the rear of the truck the torsion bar cross member) that at full suspension travel was rubbing on my rear drive shaft. I dont plan on getting the truck to full travel anytime in the very near future, but I will be fixing this issue. I can either remove it, replace it with one that fits, move it forward an inch or two, or notch it out. I haven't looked at it long enough to decide what I want to do. I will point out that only when there is 0 weight on the springs that they touch, but it does hold a piece of paper if you stick the sheet in there first then lift it. I did make note that there was nothing being held up by this cross member. I also texted another guy who is on here and GMFS with the same lift on a rcsb and he said he had no such cross member or issues.

If you have 6" of lift, check it out, and make up your own mind. Im just letting everyone know what I found.

JoeyD

Reaction score
My truck did the same thing. I just ground out the rivets and moved it forward a little bit so it clears.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, its not a huge deal.... but I figured I would let other know ahead of time, or incase they havent noticed.