6" lift vs 3/3=6" lift. Does it look different?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierraslt4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does ANYONE have pics of a OBS with 6" suspension lift beside a OBS with a 3" body lift and 2 or 3" blocks?

I would love to see the difference in the way they look $800 difference in type of way you lifted yours 6".
This is rough estimates and doing labor yourself

6" suspension $1,200 + new wheels for offset change + Alignment $70
$1,300 + wheel change vs

3" Rear blocks- + $50
3 inch body lift- + $200
Rear bumper bracket- + $85
Gap guards- + $85
Alignment. + $70
______________________= $490
Difference of $800 saved on lift + price of new wheels

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Why do you need new wheels for the 6" and not the other?

Either way, just go with the 6". These trucks already show a lot of frame from the factory so the body lift is fine but basically like an optical illusion. You gain nothing besides the height from the new tires. But like everyone else, the reason so many of us do it is because it's cheap and easy.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
The difference would be one has 3 inches of frame extra hanging down, and a 3 inch gap between the bottom of the bed and frame.

With the 'crank' on the front end, you will have next to zero droop travel, and it will ride like a total POS, regardless of the latest 'trick' shock you bolt on.

When lowering the control arms and the like, at least you preserve the ideal range of spindle movement, but I would not crank it all the way to 6" either. 4-5 would be better.

Either way, you will enjoy shortened ball joint / wheel bearing / idler and pitman arm life with large offset wheels.

This, and accelerated tire wear can cost you much, much more than just the perceived $800 difference.