6 inch suspension lift kit removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drex907

Reaction score
well i bought this truck with the kit on it and i love it dont get me wrong but its time for something different and help me get slightly better gas mileage on these 22 mile each way daily runs im doing now. its a 6 inch superlift lift kit, now im not gonna try to act like i know what im talking about here cus i dont haha so if you have to ask me anything to help solve this you gotta tell me where to look. But really id like to get it back to stock if not a little lower and make it more of a street truck because after i had got the new transmission in i vowed to never go mudding again. I appreciate any help ahead of time and i hope to get a solution in the near future

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the superlift you cut the front different mount on the drivers side off on install, so you will have to have a piece made up and welded back on. Also you will need the stock steering centerlink. Other then that it shouldbe just remove the lift and put things back in stock position, minus the bump stops as those are cut off on install too.

I'm guessing your truck is set to 6" with 35" tires. You could ditch the 5.5" block for a 4", decrank the torsion bars in the front to keep everything nice and flat and have a smooth ride. Run a 33" tire and regear to 4.10 gears to help keep that new trans running longer.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would leave it and buy another cheap vehicle for your gas mileage.... i drive 25 miles one way and im looking into that, No way will i drop this truck back down. Good luck...

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I wish I had a 22 mile Comute!

I dont think your gonna get what you want in gas Mileage Lowering that truck back down.
Buy a Cheap commuter car like I did, Ford Crown Vic, things bullet proof!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You do realize the lift kit itself isn't hindering your gas mileage @ all correct??? It's ALL about tires/wheels/ and most importantly gears. You should honestly just de crank it all the way to flat angles so ride is perfect then pick a good 32 or 33 with 4.10's for perfect gas mileage along with a tune up. Then you will have amazing gas mileage and still have a stout truck.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the superlift you cut the front different mount on the drivers side off on install, so you will have to have a piece made up and welded back on. Also you will need the stock steering centerlink. Other then that it shouldbe just remove the lift and put things back in stock position, minus the bump stops as those are cut off on install too.

I'm guessing your truck is set to 6" with 35" tires. You could ditch the 5.5" block for a 4", decrank the torsion bars in the front to keep everything nice and flat and have a smooth ride. Run a 33" tire and regear to 4.10 gears to help keep that new trans running longer.

LoL read this after I posted, you read my mind. I don't think he could make any $ by removing the lift kit because he'd have to pay someone to do it if he doesn't know anything about it and he'd would likely just make back what he paid to remove it if he sold it....I'm gonna stick with what we both said.

Drex907

Reaction score
well thanks for the responses guys actually a guy that used to install lifts for a living had a stock chevy same year and we ended up doing a full swap, he works as a technician at a car dealer so we got to use the garage with all the lifts and stuff i can post pictures here if youd like, no money was exchanged, just a full swap. he taught me alot and did alot of work on both of ours and i love the way it rides now.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh ****, so wait. What did you get out of the deal? He's just taking it off for free or what? This was only created 3 days ago so you found someone and had him take your lift off that quick? It's amazing how quick they'll work when you got something they want.