6.5 Tahoe cab swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Wayne

Reaction score
I've seen a few cab swap threads, but none covered my exact question. I have a 6.5 Tahoe that's in pretty decent condition other than some decent rust due to being up north. My question revolves around what hurdles will I have to overcome to swap a gas body onto my diesel frame and motor? I'd probably buy a complete one and swap whole cab to cab preferably. Just didn't know how rough if might be on me. Pic just BC lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No difference in body gas vs. diesel. There are minor firewall differences depending on year. What year is yours and what year is the donor if you've found one already?

Got a 2 post lift for this job? :)

Richard

John Wayne

Reaction score
Mine is 96, but I haven't found a donor vehicle BC I didn't know what would entail in swapping the cabs. I assume some of the electronic stuff would need to be swapped out from behind the dash along with the cluster.

I have friends with lifts just wanted an idea of what I would be getting into before I had 2 torn apart vehicles lol.