6.0 swap transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hev24

Reaction score
hello guys i am a new member To this forum so far I have found a lot info on here.
But I need some answers
Does anybody know if the harness off a 5.3 will work on a 6.0
My current swap is a 5.3 going into a 97 Sierra I sent the harness and the ecu to get done
But I just bought a rear ended 2003 Yukon Denali with the 6.0
So do I have to swap the tranny on the 6.0 to install on my 2wd Sierra
Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really clear on what your question is regarding the transmission. Are you asking if you can use your existing trans on the 6.0, or are you asking if you can use the 6.0 and trans with your existing harness?

The 5.3 harness should work on the 6.0, provided that you use the 5.3 intake or get a cable throttle body for the 6.0 intake.

Hev24

Reaction score
Not really clear on what your question is regarding the transmission. Are you asking if you can use your existing trans on the 6.0, or are you asking if you can use the 6.0 and trans with your existing harness?

The 5.3 harness should work on the 6.0, provided that you use the 5.3 intake or get a cable throttle body for the 6.0 intake.

Well I wante to use the 6.0 and the tranny that is on it wich is the 4l65e
But it's an awd truck
And my truck is 2wd
And both motors are drive by wire

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4L65 would require a different output shaft and tail housing to convert to 2wd, which requires complete disassembly of the transmission. If you want to go that deep, then it will work. 03 6.0 in a Denali will be an LQ9. What did the 5.3, ECM, and harness come from?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hev24

Reaction score
The 4L65 would require a different output shaft and tail housing to convert to 2wd, which requires complete disassembly of the transmission. If you want to go that deep, then it will work. 03 6.0 in a Denali will be an LQ9. What did the 5.3, ECM, and harness come from?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The 5.3 Came out of a 2wd 2003 Tahoe came with ecu and harness

And I'm using my tranny that was in my truck. (5.7 litter with the 4L60e

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should hook up without a problem, provided you change the flash file to one with a 6.0.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
That should work fine, they only difference I've been able to find is the DBW and different reluctor wheels, and even they are easily dealt with.