6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ and https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/ are amazing resources for finding and buying OEM parts. I've spent countless hours looking through parts diagrams on these sites. If one of them doesn't have a diagram for whatever you're looking for, the other one usually will. These places have saved my ass several times when I was looking for obscure parts for random things. Some stuff is discontinued of course, but you'd be amazed at how many OEM parts GM still sells for these trucks.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
What's up guys! Haven't done much to the truck lately! She's been doing great! I do wanna get my steering wheel audio controls on, and maybe cab lights! Had theses cab lights for months. I just can't make myself drill holes in my roof! I did have new exhaust put on. Dual in, dual out knock off Magnaflow! I also acquired some 285/70/17 BFG All Terrain's. My bro in law bought them for his Burb. He sold the Burb without the wheels and tires. They had maybe 250 miles on them. We worked out a trade for some work on his kitchen.
You must be registered for see images attach
That's "Odessa" in the background! My 74 F350 dump truck! Ain't she purty!

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Who knows why my backup lights are coming on with the brake lights? Just replaced the circuit boards with gm units. Was probably doing it before, but the aftermarket boards were such ****, who knows.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I woulda kept my H2s now.

I love my BFGs, I need to rotate them something terrible because the fronts are starting to feather, but other than that I'm glad I went with them.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Well I went yesterday afternoon to start taking the brakes off of the 2500hd, I told you guys about. I got there and started thinking. I really would like to put 4:10's in my truck. This full floater disc brake rear would be perfect! All I have to do is move the spring pads in a little bit! So I walked up to the guys shop and talked to him. After a few mins of talking and bartering. I ended up with the whole truck! It's got a decent black leather interior, both differentials, complete hydroboost setup, and numerous other parts. May try to make the front brakes work as well! Don't know if the front dif willl interchange. If not I'll have to find me a 4:10 front dif or re-gear mine. Ill probably re-gear if these won't swap. My dif is seeping at the seals anyway. Any junkyard one will probably be the same way. It will be a couple weeks before I start this. I guess I'll post the process in the here (this has become my build thread, even though it not in the right section) and in the axel section! I'll post up pics of the donor later! It was dark when I finalized the deal!

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do wanna get my steering wheel audio controls on, and maybe cab lights! Had theses cab lights for months. I just can't make myself drill holes in my roof!l
That's "Odessa" in the background! My 74 F350 dump truck! Ain't she purty!

Yeah...that’s nerve wrecking for sure..i measures a boatload of times and use a step drill for the small holes, and a 1-1/4 hole saw for the big hole with a predrilled small hole to ensure it was centered. Here’s a pic of mine with primer on the roof.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Yeah...that’s nerve wrecking for sure..i measures a boatload of times and use a step drill for the small holes, and a 1-1/4 hole saw for the big hole with a predrilled small hole to ensure it was centered. Here’s a pic of mine with primer on the roof.

In your opinion. Do you think I should put them in my truck?

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I’m a fan of them...and I like the amber contrast on the black. Plus it will go nicely with your tow mirrors and Amber corner lenses. But I understand if not. If you want to..just lay them up there and take a look back...easy to do

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never a fan of cab lights, but its not my truck. If you like it and do a good job installing them, then that all that matters.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Also I should mention..I’m a fan of the oem lenses and gaskets. The oem gaskets have a grommet that goes into that large hole and helps to seal it off well. A lot of aftermarket gaskets just sit flat on the sheet metal-not saying they would leak, but the oem ones are a better seal.