5.7 vs 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I like both, but Iam becoming more LS biased, for instance we have two burb's, one a 99 2wd. with vortec 350 with 12,000 miles on new motor it also has a hypercrap, electic fans, injector mod,cai, etc, and it has 3.73's with stock size tires, The second burb is a bone stock 02 2wd with a 5.3 but it was 300 hp stock for that year it also has 3.73's and stock size tires. They are both big and heavy, but with that said, the 02 in stock tune will run off and leave the 99 any time any place, rev's better, pull's harder, just does everything better, it also get's better gas mileage. Now I don't like the nbs but I sure as hell like their engine's, and someday when I have to replace the 350 in the 99 I will drop it in a lake as a boat anchor and put a 5.3 in it's place. Anyway that's just my 2 cent's.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I should also add that I think a 350 has it's place, and is a good motor, but I really dislike a vortec 350, mainly because of the style of fuel injection, and the intake manifold.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should also add that I think a 350 has it's place, and is a good motor, but I really dislike a vortec 350, mainly because of the style of fuel injection, and the intake manifold.

Thanks man, I dont know what ill do yet:)

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
from personal experience, 04 z71 with the 5.3, i tow with it alot through the mountains and even around town alot. not a bad motor, but the transmission seems to be the weak link in it.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I was gonna swap to a newer engine, 6L all the way. Id love to have that kind of passing power in the mountains. The 350 TBI is a great engine, Ive got over 350,000Kms on it and it runs amazing, doesnt burn oil and the ol' girl will still pick up her skirts and go when you floor it.....but I couldnt imagine what a 6L would be like. Im thinking from a towing point of view but the fact the 6L has so many go fast parts and interchangable parts, it seems like the engine to get.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I was gonna swap to a newer engine, 6L all the way. Id love to have that kind of passing power in the mountains. The 350 TBI is a great engine, Ive got over 350,000Kms on it and it runs amazing, doesnt burn oil and the ol' girl will still pick up her skirts and go when you floor it.....but I couldnt imagine what a 6L would be like. Im thinking from a towing point of view but the fact the 6L has so many go fast parts and interchangable parts, it seems like the engine to get.

Yeah 6L sounds like a good tow righ.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah 6.0 be would be great, but you asked about 5.3 vs 350, but if you can def. go with 6.0!