5.7 vortec flooding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hagen20014

Reaction score
Okay so about 4 months ago my truck wouldn't start...turned over fine but wouldn't start. I could also hear the fuel pump kick on which I know is a common issue with these trucks. Turns out it was an issue with the spider assembly. Switched it out for an upgraded Delphi MPFI unit and it started and ran fine.

Have had no issues whatsoever until yesterday...wouldn't start again and doing the same things. I can hear the fuel pump kicking on and it shutters like its trying to start but won't. I checked the pressure release on the fuel line and I had pressure and its flooded again. Surely its not the spider assembly again? Could something else make it flood? I just changed my oil and now at the very least I gotta drain my oil again cause there's gas in it. Any ideas?

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get another poppet spyder, or the updated one with the mini injectors at the end of the line?

Andy1955

Reaction score
I'm going to hi jack this thread , my problem is the same except mine starts after a little cranking and then stumbles to life , i put the new stile spider injectors in and replaced them again under warranty and i'm still having the same problem , my fuel pressure is right where it should be, so i'm starting to think something else is wrong , any ideas would be appreciated , Thanks, Andy

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coolant temperature sensor and connector. Have had it fail on both the 97 Express and 99 Tahoe. When it fails it typically reads -40*F.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
My 1997 4x4 did this same thing for a few weeks. I finally looked under the hood and the coolant sensor was broken. I replaced it and it made it miss and act worse, I cleaned the pigtail contacts and the CEL went out and it is running perfect now.

Andy1955

Reaction score
Thanks, i replaced it last year when i put the motor in, but tomorrow i will hook my scanner up and see what it's reading