5.7 mpfi conversion issues with injection bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtchevyman

Reaction score
Installing a SMP spider conversion in my 96 Chevrolet c 2500 5.7. The injector bracket appears to be about 1/4 inch too short. I ordered a AC Delco bracket thinking it may be correct I know standard parts says you need a new updated bracket does anyone know if standards part is taller?

eXo0us

Reaction score
My ACDelco 217-3029 GM MPFI came with a new bracket.

Any way - it's a tight fit with the injector lines. Further you need to lubricate the rubber seal which goes into intake.
Otherwise it looks like it is not coming all the way up.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installing a SMP spider conversion in my 96 Chevrolet c 2500 5.7. The injector bracket appears to be about 1/4 inch too short. I ordered a AC Delco bracket thinking it may be correct I know standard parts says you need a new updated bracket does anyone know if standards part is taller?
Any updates?

Georgevgar

Reaction score
Any updates?
Besides lubing the rubber seal and around the top of the plenum I have added 3 small washers with a cannibilized 10 mm bolt to accomodate the removed original 30 tork screw/bolt. This will rise one side of the bracket and if you slightly bend the other end of bracket upwards it should seal it up........I myself can not figure how the plenum seemed to have moved upwards by 1/4 inch.......heat maybe? May have to buy a new plenum from RockAuto if it doesn't seal tomorrow. Hoping it works!