5.3 swap into an '89

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get a 350 long block from chevy for around $2000.They come with 3yr-100,000 mile warranty.I was quoted $2075 out the door from Sunset Chevy in Sarasota,Fl. You might want to call your Dealer.Since theres no core exchange you keep old motor to build up later.thought you might be interested in that info.

GeosTahoe

Reaction score
Don't forget about your transmission, especially if it has some mileage on it. The 5.3 in stock form makes decent power, well over what you currently have in it. You'd at least want to give it a basic rebuild.

It seems like even if you go with a carb'd LSx, you are still going to pay quite a chunk of change.

Reaction score
i say 5.3 aswell gotta love that fuel injection. me and my bro did an 85 chevy swapped out the 350 with an ls2 off a gto and that thing hauls and pretty decent mpg about in the 20mpg range and runs 12.2 all night long with the cam we put in it